Global Brand Director Biopharma (d/f/m)
Global Brand Director Biopharma (d/f/m)
Job Description1996! In this year Sandoz initiated the world’s first biosimilar development program. Over 20 years of experience in biosimilar development have equipped us with extensive knowledge and outstanding expertise in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of biosimilar medicines to the healthcare community and patients worldwide.
This opportunity is waiting for you to contribute to Sandoz success story in the area of biosimilar in region Europe.
• Develop the launch strategy and global tactical plan (e.g. Launch in a box for key markets)
• Develop the brand vision for future biosimilar launch brands
• Fully accountability for at least one launch brand strategy
• Deliver specific and implementable guidance, tools and tactics for launch success
• Strong collaboration with development and manufacturing teams both internally and alliance partner team if appropriate
• Ensure effective pro-active communication with key stakeholder in Global, Regions and markets
• Forecast sales (including market, market share, pricing), supply volumes and M&S costs for strategic planning and budget management purposes
• Lead the development and implementation of the strategic marketing for the brand
• Monitor the product performance, competitive environment and customer base to quickly identify plan changes
• Manage ROI assessments of tactical programs, and while collaborating with Sales Leadership, ensure proper execution throughout the field force(s)
• Lead interactions with extended brand team members including other functional areas (Sales, Managed Markets, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory, Training, Finance, and others, building consensus/buy-in among these team members
• Present to senior management on strategy and action plans to address competitive threats and/ or exogenous market events
• Collaborate with Global on critical brand issues related to development, aligning as appropriate to the global brand strategy. Provide leadership to the brand team and extended brand team members including coaching, advising, and developing team members
• Ensure compliance with Novartis policies and procedures and full integration into the Novartis culture and support resources
• Lead the preparation and launch of new indication(s) , defining market size, opportunity, forecast, aligning with Global, pre-marketing and marketing plans, participating in negotiations and execution plan
• Oversee market research initiatives as part of brand plans and anticipate market reactions / changes
• Provides strategic leadership with cross-functional Global Program Team members (i.e., Regulatory Affairs, Clinical, Technical Development, etc.) to ensure cohesion and brand integrity, pricing, safety messaging, pharmacovigilance, regulatory interactions, manufacturing, packaging, distribution and supply forecasting across indications within a disease area
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (medicine, biology, chemistry, business or a similar field preferred). MBA or advanced degree (e.g. MS, Pharm D) preferred
• 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry or equivalent experience
• Strategic and Operational Marketing Experience required including country or regional experience
• Global launch experience in EU5 in pharmacy/retail and medical/hospital channels is a must
• US market launch experience with good knowledge of US payer and managed markets landscape is nice to have
• Internationally-oriented: cultural awareness and sensitivity gained through working and living abroad is a plus
• Experience in leading in a matrix is required
• Proven ability to: prioritize resource and deliver key activities in a highly competitive environment, including pragmatic, agile, flexible mindset, convert observations into strategic insights and implications
• Strong communication skills including proven ability to work and communicate with senior executives
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross-functionally and with local country organizations, to align interests of multiple parties
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
The law provides for severely disabled / equal applicants the opportunity to involve the local representative body for disabled employees (SBV) in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network