The Future of Technology at Sandoz
We are building a new tech landscape, working together in a customer-focused agile organization driving towards cloud-based and SaaS solutions. Simplifying the application landscape by bringing in industry leading solutions.
Our teams span across all business areas from development to customer engagement, while also supplying the foundational core technologies such as infrastructure and ISRM appropriate to a leading Generics company. As such, we look for scalable solutions where possible and apply innovative, data-driven analytics in a strategic and outcome-focused manner.
The Sandoz Technology team will bring together most of our required skillsets; strategy, design, delivery. In the future, we will operate as nimble “Tech Teams” to improve the experience for the business, increase the delivery of fit-for-purpose applications, and streamline delivery timelines. Each member of the Technology Leadership Team will serve as a navigator for their Tech Teams; ensuring they stay aligned to the larger organization’s ambitions and cross-Technology objectives. It’s an exciting future and one that we look forward to supporting.
An organizational chart does not define who we are. Our identity and our value are rooted in how we work together. By adopting the following principles, we create the necessary accountability, autonomy, and collaboration to bring out the best of every member of our team.
- End-to-end accountability: the Tech Team that designs and builds a solution is also the team that runs it.
- Fulltime focus: To help ensure individuals aren’t overstretched we’ll prioritize Tech Team members staying fully focused on the single remit of their team.
- Pizza rule: no Tech Team is larger than 8-12 people (just right to share a pizza) ... meaning each team member fully owns their own area of expertise and that roles and responsibilities are crystal clear.
- Deliver smaller initiatives quickly: overgrown programs hindered decision making. Managing scope=better time management.
- A Tech Team’s Owner has high autonomy: their unique business acumen and technical expertise means we can remove layers of unnecessary bureaucracy
Meet the Teams